Re: 19991101: New LDM Installation

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999 address@hidden wrote:

> I have got it running, but I'm still not seeing anything happening.  This
> is the only entry in the pqsurf.pq file:
>
> ANY  (^.*)     FILE /npraid/noaaport/data/NWSTG/SAUS/\1
>
> When I use the kill -USR2 <surf pid>, it notes in the ldmd.log that pqsurf
> is going verbose, but nothing else.  When I use kill -USR2 again, it notes
> it is going debug mode and then I start seeing something like:
>
> surf: End of Queue
> not yet
> SIGALRM
> surf: End of Queue
> to 19991105180611.752
> expire: End of Queue
>
> This is repeated over and over.....
>
> What now?

Alan,

From one of your previous messages:

> Time for true confessions.  I am using the acqserver software providedby
> FSL (Leslie Ewy) to insert entries directly into the ldm.pq.  Leslie hadto
> modify the software to work with the SunOS 5.7.  It does appear that the
> products are inserted into the ldm.pq.  I don't know if this helps ornot,
> but I just wanted you to know I am not being fed from an upstream server.

I believe that your setup for pqsurf is correct and working.
Ok, so you are not getting the standard NOAAport feed.  The ldm is looking
for WMO feedtype with certain bulletin headers. If you are using a
different feedtype, then the products are probably not being sent to
pqsurf to be split apart. At this point I can only think of some
complicated/bad ideas about working around this. Maybe something will come
to mind that is reasonable.

Use:

% ldmadmin watch

To see the feedtype and product ID's

You might talk to Leslie to see if she has any ideas.

Robb...