Alden LDM Feed on NOAAPORT (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:40:55 -0400
From: Roland Blanchard <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Alden LDM Feed on NOAAPORT

Hi Robb,

I have configured our nport2 machine to output DDPLUS, IDS and HDS data. So
far the testing has
gone well for all data type WMO. Unfortunately the testing for the HDS feed
is not going as well.

The last notes I have state pqcat was modified to add the Alden HDS style
checksum by using
the -a argument.

On nport2 my command line appears as follows:

pqcat -o 0 -i 15 -f HRS -a -s /home/ldm/etc/hds.sw /dev/term/i1c

Data is being transmitted out the serial port but our decoding programs are

unable to recognize the format. I tried our decoder program on the current
HDS feed from our
existing broadcast and the decoding worked fine.

Do you have any suggestions or tests that I might perform to verify proper
checksum generation?
Does it look as though I have configured the command line properly?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Roland