[IDV #XPB-482582]: Trouble Creating Custom Satellite Tables

Carl,

I chatted with Jeff Weber, one of our scientists here on staff at Unidata and he
recommended installing the GEMPAK Color Table plugin.

We found 4 color tables that somewhat match the images you attached earlier:

Sabir

wv_gree

wv_gr8

lingradk

Keep in mind you will need to select a satellite data product field that is
appropriate for these color tables (e.g, temperature versus brightness).

It is possible that you will have to make some color table adjustments. See here
for more information on how to do that:

https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/tools/ColorTableEditor.html

You can also canvas the IDV community at address@hidden. It is quite
possible that someone has color scales that more closely match your
expectations.

Best,

Unidata IDV Support

> Hi,
>
> I think I didn't make it clear I installed every color table plugin. There
> are some that are very good in the McIDAS group though not the ones I was
> interested in. If the ones I had mentioned can't be created and added as a
> new plugin, ( a possible name for it could be "GOES") I guess I will have
> to keep trying on my own. I just thought you guys could help as I was
> getting no where with the creation of them. Thanks for the support guys and
> a great program.
>
> -- Carl

Ticket ID: XPB-482582
Department: Support IDV