[LevelII #AWA-907668]: LDM Level II Feed Tree

Hi Don,

re:
> OU recently has surfaced an issue with latency out of the NEXRAD Level
> II feed from RDS here in Norman.  With very few enterprise tools
> available outside in the real world, I turned to the LDM feed tree as a
> barometer (I couldn't resist the weather reference) of Level II
> dissemination performance.

:-)

re:
> The TDS in Silver Spring had ERC, Purdue, & OU and the RDS (likely due
> to it's performance ONLY showed OU hanging on with massive performance
> issues. (Others had given up.)  While I understand this behavior, I also
> noticed Unidata did not show up as pulling from either source.  LDMpings
> show EMO & Oliver are still connected, but the tree doesn't show data
> flow from either source to either client.

The NEXRAD2 REQUESTs that we have on oliver and emo are currently:

oliver.unidata.ucar.edu:
request NEXRAD2 ".*"            lion.caps.ou.edu
request NEXRAD2 "(.*)"          nws-ldm1.hpcc.ercbroadband.org
request NEXRAD2 "(((.*)))"      140.172.24.16
request NEXRAD2 "((((.*))))"    140.90.73.177

emo.unidata.ucar.edu
request NEXRAD2 ".*"            lion.caps.ou.edu
request NEXRAD2 "(.*)"          nws-ldm1.hpcc.ercbroadband.org
request NEXRAD2 "(((.*)))"      140.172.24.16
request NEXRAD2 "((((.*))))"    140.90.73.177

Please let us know the IP address and/or fully-qualified hostnames
for the top level NOAA sites we should be REQUESTing from, and we
will update our REQUESTs accordingly.

re:
> Is there an issue I can assist with?

Please remind us of the IP address and/or fully-qualified names for
the NOAA top level NEXRAD2 relays.

re:
> My concern with OU as the ONLY client on the RDS makes it difficult to
> determine if I'm the issue or if OU is having an issue locally.  As RDS
> performance improves, OU latency has gone down, ERC & Perdue have
> returned but EMO & Oliver have not.
>
> Please advise...

See above.

Ticket ID: AWA-907668