[IDD #UPM-299664]: GFS .5x.5 grid

Hi Paul,

re:
> I am saving the gfs hi-res grib files that are being sent via conduit.
> I am trying to run WXP to display the images.
>
> I have this as the pqact line
>
> CONDUIT prod/gfs...(..)(..)(..)(..)/gfs.t(..)z.pgrb2
> FILE    /home/data/conduit/\5\2\3\1.gfs004
>
> I believe this is right....i then run a command line that displays the
> map. But it only works in 00, 06, 12 .... forecasts. Not the 03, 09,
> 15...forecast hours.
>
> Do you know why this might be?

Not off of the top of my head.

Question:

- have you checked to see if your output file has the 03, 09, 15 forecast
  hours with something other than WXP?

  I suggest installing 'wget2' (yum install wget2 as 'root') and then
  running it on the output file.  This will list every GRIB2 message
  so you will be able to see if the times that WXP is not showing
  are there or not.

re:
> Either WXP does not support those hours....or I am not pattern action
> matching correctly for that grid.
>
> I have this line for GEMPAK and it works fine
>
> CONDUIT prod/gfs.*pgrb2
> PIPE    decoders/dcgrib2 -d /data/gempak/logs/dcgrib2_GFS004.log
> -e GEMTBL=/home/gempak/NAWIPS/gempak/tables
> data/gempak/model/gfs0.5deg/YYYYMMDDHH_gfs004.gem

The fact that you see the "off" hours using GEMPAK indicates that you
are getting the data.

Question:

- have you tried using the LDM utility 'notifyme' to see if your
  pattern-action file action's extended regular expression will
  match on the fields you think it should match for?

  What I have in mind is simultaneously running two 'notifyme'
  invocations, one of which specifies the pattern you are using
  for your FILE action and the other using the pattern for your
  dcgrib2 action:

<as 'ldm'>

Check the FILE action's pattern:

notifyme -vl- -f CONDUIT -p 'prod/gfs...(..)(..)(..)(..)/gfs.t(..)z.pgrb2' -o
3600

Compare against the dcgrib2 pattern:

notifyme -vl- -f CONDUIT -p "prod/gfs.*pgrb2" -o 3600

If the output from the two 'notifyme' invocations do not match, then the
pattern being used for the FILE action is missing some products.

Ticket ID: UPM-299664
Department: Support IDD