20010723: special metars.

Stonie is correct.
Dcmetr will decode METAR reports and store decoded and raw reports
in 20 minute bins (if -m 72 is used), otherwise hourly bins.
Large numbers of stations (eg MN, IA, etc) report regularly 3 times per hour-
these aren't specials, just 20 minute observations.

SPECIs are stored (up to 6 per station per time bin as raw reports but not
decoded.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support