20001020: GEMPAK: Fwd: question about Q vector s component

David,
If you need to create terms of longer equations, the program to
use would be GDDIAG. you can store the terms in a grid file and
recall them later.

You can define the output GRDNAM to be the name and level,cord,time
you need, for example GRDNAM=TERMA, will inherit the glevels and
times of the calculation...but if you need to specify the level rather than
a layer, you can set GRDNAM=TERMA@500 for example.

Here is a URL of a support question I answerd a while back on the use of
GDDIAG to give you some background.

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/coohl/mhonarc/MailArchives/gempak/msg02413.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/coohl/mhonarc/MailArchives/gempak/msg03828.html

Steve Chiswell