20001005: 20001004: 20001002: Raw Metar's in nwx

Glenn,

The problem with upperair bulletins is that you would have to
look for the WMO id instead of a ICAO identifier.
NSHARP does give you a point and click interface to the decoded bulletin
which provides the "show text" buttpn to pull up the merged sounding.

I provided an awk script a while back in the support archives for
searching for a station within a raw file:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/coohl/mhonarc/MailArchives/gempak/msg02711.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/coohl/mhonarc/MailArchives/gempak/msg02699.html

Neither is really what you are asking.

To add an option in nwx,
you would first add an entry in $NWX_TABLES/guidata.tbl
for the menu option to appear in NWX, and the string for which to
look at the options in $NWX_TABLES/master.tbl.

In master.tbl. you would use the key defined in guidata.tbl and select
the type of search to perform in the data.

The metar search just looks for the station ID anywhere in the bulletin,
but you can key on a type of bulletin, or issuing office.
You could create a table of IDs where the WMO number for the soundings
are in the ID column of the table, and search for them However, some matches
on numbers will probably match other fields occasionally.

The snstns.tbl is in $GEMTBL/stns.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support