20001002: 20001001: GEMPAK won't run anymore!

>From: Christian Page <address@hidden>

>Thanks! It worked. I had several gplt processes that were hung, and I had kill
> ed
>them without using gpend. Is there a way to kill hung gempak processes nicely
>when they are hung?

Christian,
If a program is hung for some reason, and you break out of it,
you can generally still run gpend and kill the message queue.
But, once you disconnect the tty from the message queue, there
really is no other way than what you just did.

There is an example script in the distribution called "$NAWIPS/bin/cleanup".
This scripts attempts to kill all running gplts and device drivers and
clean up the message queue. It is not compatible with all systems
however since the ps arguments differe as do the arguments to ipcrm.
It can be tailored to the local needs however.

Steve Chiswell