Re: 20000808: Query about aircraft observations using GEMPAK

Steve:

Yes, I was primarily thinking about aircraft reports over
the north Pacfic (bulletin UAPA.. KWBC). Without DIFAX
charts it's difficult to spot jetstreaks just looking at
the raw bulletins. Hopefully, GEMPAK5.5 will be available
before DIFAX transmissions cease.

Oh, I knew we could plot ACARS obs, but we don't receive
the data in near realtime (don't qualify to receive the
data under the described conditions for its reception).

Anyway thanks for the info.

James

--------------------------------------
James Murakami