Radar Level-III in N-AWIPS

Folks,
NCDC has identified 5 items of functionality missing from N-AWIPS, as
compared to the PUP while trying to use N-AWIPS in our operations (i.e.,
service customers Level-III data, including the NWS).  While N-AWIPS is a
patch for us (prior to implementation of  either LINUX AWIPS or AWIPS
sometime next year),  I would like to see if the attached is doable, or has
already been accomplished with the current Unidata release of N-AWIPS (will
the next release, nmap, address some of these issues?).  For the long term,
N-AWIPS provides superior performance in several areas (i.e., satellite,
grid manipulation, etc.), and I would like to advance its use here at NCDC,
regardless of the systems implemented here by the AWIPS folks.

 Would it be possible for you to take a look at the attached and see
whether we should spend any more time on these issues, especially if they
have been addressed by others.  NCDC has very limited experience with
N-AWIPS (i.e., mostly mine).  Thank you in advance and I realize this
request stretches LO's a bit..... Your assistance would be greatly
appreciated.
Glenn (828) 271-4097

(See attached file: LVL_III_Service.wpd)