20000615: Upper Air Data Files / GEMPAK

Paul,

The program I created converted the fsl format dump from getraob to the
raw ascii format used by snedit for importing into gempak (getraob give several
output format options). Alternateively the getraob program could be modified
to store the data directly into gempak files.

The stuff I created (many years ago) is in my contrib directory:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/contrib/noaacdrom.README
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/contrib/noaacdrom.tar.Z

As for snrawd, I have the 5.2.1 source...though with most gempak programs,
the lions share of work is in the gemlib and bridge library routines,
so trying to make snrawd work with a newer gempak distribution would be
somewhat tricky. I will tar it up and send it to you if you want.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support