20000605: 20000605: Lightning data question

>From: Harry Edmon <address@hidden>

>Thanks.  On a similar matter - I assume I would need to change the code in the
>dcnldn decoder to keep the full resolution of the time stamp?  The man pages
>implies that you just have to change the packing file, but I don't believe it
> is
>that easy from looking at the code.
>

>--
>Dr. Harry Edmon                        E-MAIL: address@hidden
>(206) 543-0547                 FAX:    (206) 543-0308
>Dept of Atmospheric Sciences
>University of Washington, Box 351640, Seattle, WA 98195-1640

Harry,

You can bin the observations to 1 minute intervals using -s minute01
to access the data. However, I think what you want is the TSEC and MSEC data.

I rewrote the storage routine last year to fix a data ingest/flush bug where
some observations are getting lost if the decoder was timed out,
and see that I never added the code back to store TSEC and MSEC
if defined in the packing file. That data is in the flashdat structure
and the packing cparms are loaded in the dc_fcyl command in write_nldn.c,
so all I need to do is index the output array based on the packing file.
I'll do that now.

Steve Chiswell