Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 13:11:46 -0600
From: Mike Schmidt <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: Re: 20000419: Binaries for IRIX

Chiz,

I've called SGI, and their position is that compiling -o32 might be
backwards compatible and might run (with respect to older OS versions),
but it's not supported.  I see the global symbol in the library ...

% nm /lib/libc.so.1 | grep -i libc_attr
[15303] |   263516468|      |Global  |          |Data     | __libc_attr

In a jam, I'd say ftp over our newer libc.so and test/run the software
against that lib until they can rebuild or upgrade.

mike