20000323: Fade Switch

>From: address@hidden

>Thanks Steve,
>My AWIPS days are showing- I was trying to fade/in/out graphics planes like
>height against temp.  Now I'm on the right track.

You can click on the title of the overlay which will redraw the image without
that overlay.

>I have problems with the Unidata implementation of the observational data
>using the CNTL A and C characters.  I believe you saw the msg I sent to
>FSL.  Is there any way around this.  It's important since we will be going
>LINUX AWIPS by next year, and I'd like to match that design.  Your thoughts
>are greatly appreciated.    Thx, Glenn

You can create a PIPE filter that will strip out the CCB and create a FOS
or AFOS style wrapper around the data. The problem with your data stream is
that there
is no way to know where the end of a product is- so that PIPEing the stream to
a decoder
would be very hard.

It sounds like you would want to be using AWIPS to look at your Linux AWIPS
products?

>Unidata Support <address@hidden> on 03/23/2000 02:46:23 PM
>

> To:      Glenn Rutledge/NCDC
>
> cc:      Unidata Support <address@hidden>
>

> Subject: 20000323: Fade Switch
>

>>From: address@hidden
>

>>While using GARP, the "Fade" slide button does not appear to function.  Is
>>there something I need to turn-on?  Is this operator error?  Thx, Glenn
>>

>Glenn,
>
>The fade slider will fade an image (sat, radar) image. You have to have an
>image displayed. Otherwise...its always on and I've never seen it not
>operate.
>
>Steve Chiswell
>Unidata User Support                                    UCAR Unidata
>(303)497-8644                                                  P.O. Box
>address@hidden                                   Boulder, CO
>Unidata WWW Service                        http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/
><

Steve Chiswell