20000320: Gempak dies with this error

Mark,

The mailbox errors are due to the program not being able to connect
to the gplt process. Either the gplt is hung, or it has ended
but the message queue still exists. Both gpend as well as sfmap
are trying to connect up to the gplt through the message queue.

Its likely that either a user has logged out without running gpend to
remove the running gplt and message queue; or a program had died
and left the message queue orphaned. Any how, it might not be
the same user that owns it and so the connection is being denied.

First, make sure you are out of all gempak programs. Then see
if you have any "gplt" or device driver (xw, gf, ps etc) processes
hanging around. If you do, then kill those.

Then, use the "ipcs" command to see if any message queues are in use.
If there are, then use the "ipcrm" command (typically ipcrm -q ###) to
remove the existing message queues.

Let me know if we have to delve deeper into the problem.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support