2000314: Exiting Gempak with a Plot window up

>From: Leslie Litten <address@hidden>

>Hi, I was wondering if you could help me out.  When I call up a plot in
>Gempak and then exit Gempak I have to kill gplt and then go into ipcs and
>remove it there.  Is there a more efficient way to do this?  Is there a
>command to kill the plot procedure while inside Gempak?
>
>Thank you for your time,
>
>Leslie Litten

Leslie,
You should always run the Gempak command "gpend" to close down the
graphics device and gplt process. Some tutorial pages which
discuss gpend are:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial/intro.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial/gpend.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/tutorial/devices.html