20000218: gninfo for SUN

>From: address@hidden

>I see that Jim Cowie et.al., wrote a nice script to covnert GINI to the
>filenaming conventions expected in GARP called gdinfo.  Is this avbl for a
>SUN OS?
>

>        ****** Signature Tag ******
>
>        National Climatic Data Center
>        Climate Data Division
>        (828) 271-4097
>        address@hidden

Glenn,

You probably intended this to go to COMET, which is where Jim
worked, and probably where his script was.

I am injecting the GINI images into our LDM here using the octets from
the GINI header to give the products more informative names so that
pur pqact just files the data directly without having to rename things-
our LDM products look like:

sat/ch2/GOES-10/VIS/20000218 1930/SUPER-NATIONAL/8km/ TIGN01 KNES 181930
sat/ch2/GOES-10/VIS/20000218 1930/NHEM-COMP/24km/ TIGF01 KNES 181930
So all of the info needed for the $SAT directory structure is
available in the product names.

If COMET uses a script, it probably uses the WMO header and matches
the values from the tables 4.4-4.12 from the NESDIS interface control
document.

Steve Chiswell