20000214: dcgrib update?

>From: Ken Scheeringa <address@hidden>

>Hello support,
>
>I have an old version of dcgrib (April 1997) on my system that
>I admit I haven't run for more than a year.
>
>Now it seems to be broken, maybe due to grib format changes, etc.
>I tried to find an update at the Unidata web site, but no luck
>finding dcgrib at all.
>
>Has dcgrib been replaced by something else?  Or am I just not
>looking in the right place?

> *
>Ken Scheeringa                       Indiana Climate Page
>State Climatologist                  http://shadow.agry.purdue.edu
>Agronomy Dept
>Purdue University                      featuring climate data archives:
>e-mail: address@hidden                  daily coop stations :     1994+
>fax: 765.496.2926                        hourly airport data : Jul 1996+
>phone: 765.494.8105                      30-min autostation  :     1999+
>                                       updated daily
>                                         Also monthly/daily normals
> *

Ken,

You are most likely not looking in the right place.
All of the GEMPAK software is located in the gbuddy ftp account, which
is accessed using the password that you were given when you initially
downloaded the software.
You can download just dcgrib from the ~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/patches/dcgrib.tar.Z,
however, if you have not updated your gempak distribution since 1997, then
at some point you should update to the pl15 release since it contains
several Y2K fixes since 1997.

Steve Chiswell