20000124: Gempak MOS wsym possible?

Pete,

I placed a tarfile in ~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/contrib/dcnmos_wthr.tar.gz
which creates a WNUM parameter into the decoded ngm mos file.

This tarfile also updates the $GEMTBL/pack/ngmmos.pack file to
include the WNUM parameter.

You can plot this data using the WSYM parameter on surface maps,
as well as use any of the other incarnations of the function such
as WTHR.

As I mentioned previously, this really isn't "data" but rather a
computed or estimated parameter- so the decoder probably isn't the
best location to create the field...but is the simplest.

Unpack the tarfile from $NAWIPS with:
gunzip -c dcnmos_wthr.tar.gz | tar xvf -

and build with:

cd $GEMPAKHOME/source/programs/dc/dcnmos

make clean
make all
make install
make clean

Let me know if this suits your needs or if there are unexpected
problems in the weather typing.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support