20000106: ECMWF usage

>From: address@hidden (Chris Hennon)

>Steve -
>
>Do you know if the usage of ECMWF data which comes across IDD is restriced
>in any way?  For example, can I publish gifs on the web?  The Unisys site
>says something about a "Resolution 40" and does not publish any 850 mb
>data except on a restricted basis.  Thanks.
>
>Chris

Chris,

You should not publish ECMWF gifs on externally accessible web pages.
There is a res 40 list of products which are explicitly prohibited
from re-export back into the country of origin which you should
consult.

ECMWF has sent complaints in the past when Unidata sites provided the data.

Steve CHiswell