19991209: Gempak

>From: "Ka Kit Lai" <address@hidden>

Ka Kit-

>Hi, steve. This is Ka Kit Lai. Someone accidentally delete my mail inside my
>unix account, so I think it will be easier for me to get in touch with you
>through my hotmail account. Hope this won't cause any inconvenience for you.
>The same question I ask you last time, I successfully install the gempak in
>my solaris machine and now the problem is how can I connect the LDM with the
>Gempak so that the Gempak can retrieve data from the LDM. Is there any
>document online that can provide me help? Thank you very much for you help.

If you have not already done so, you would need to set up the GEMPAK
decoders to run from the LDM machine.  These will decode data from
the datastreams into GEMPAK compatible files.  You can find documentation
and a list of the pqact.conf entries at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/packages/gempak/GEMPAK5.4/configuration.html

If your LDM is running on a different machine than GEMPAK, you will
need to mount the directory in which the GEMPAK data files are stored
on the LDM system (ie: /var/data/ldm/gempak) to your machine. You will
then need to edit the Gemenviron file and set the GEMDATA environment
variable to point to the GEMPAK data directory. For example, on our
machines, /export/data on our LDM system is mounted as /var/data on our
local systems. Our GEMDATA variable is set to be /var/data/ldm/gempak.

If you need more assistance, please let us know.

Don Murray