19991203: Compiling GPRCM for Solaris x86 using gcc/f2c

Tim,

The problem you are having is that you have the binary x86 distribution
that was compiled here with Sun's f77 compiler.

Now you are trying to link something compiled with f2c against those
libraries. The problem here is that when f2c sees a '_' in a subroutine
name, it adds an additional '_' after the routine - then the gcc wrappers
adds the standard expected '_' character.

Thus, in gemlib.a compiled with f77, you have
st_lcuc_
and in the program compiled with f2c, you have a request for the routine:
st_lcuc__

Unfortunately, everything needs to be compiled with the same compiler here.

I've posted a binary tarfile under nawips-5.4/binary/solaris_X86/gprcm.tar.Z

In the next release I will transition to g77 instead of f2c which will
eliminate
the double underbar problems. Unfortunately g77 requires some major
changes in the gemprm.prm headers inorder to work.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support