19991122: more agin..more on not enough colors with GARP

Robert,

as I mentioned, you can launch ntl with "-s 64" to cut the number of
colors Gempak will use for satellite images in half.
Using your ntl output below, that would mean that GEMPAK would
request 113 color which would be well under the 140 you have.
Launch ntl before any GEMPAK programs.

You should be able to tell what visual a program is using by
clicking on the window from the xwininfo prompt. Its possible that something,
including the window manager is still eating up the colors. Have you tried
setting the CDE window manager to maximum colors for applications, or
gray? Again, make sure you are not in netscape before trying to launch.
Its still possible that Netscape uses the first available color table it gets
to- so one may still be grabbing the default display.

Did things use to work with this card?

Steve Chiswell