19991108: grib parameter files

>From: Shangyao Nong <address@hidden>

>Hi, Steve,
>
>I would like to ask one more question. If I copy the edition2 files to the sam
> e file name changing 2 to 3, do you think what I will do will have affect
>other people's using dcgrib. Here we also use dcgrib to decode the AVN files.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Shangyao

Shangyao,

Copying the files will not affect the AVN which still uses the
edition 2 files. Createing the new files will just allow the
decoders to suceed in opening the required files when an edition 3
grib bulletin is found. SST datasteats are the only dataset from NCEP
that I know of that currently uses the edition 3.

Steve Chiswell