19991108: Edition 3 gribs

>From: Shangyao Nong <address@hidden>

>Hi, Steve,
>I don't quite understand your suggestion. I found wmogrib2.tbl and ncepgrib2.t
> bl
>in directory $GEMTBL/grid. But I did not find either wmogrib3.tbl or ncepgrib3
> .tbl. So should I just do "cp wmogrib2.tbl wmogrib3.tbl"
>and "cp ncepgrib2.tbl ncepgrib3.tbl". Then I will have wmogrib3.tbl and ncepgr
> ib3.tbl. under the directory $GEMTBL/grid.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Shangyao

Shangyao,

Yes, copy the edition2 files to the same file name changing 2 to 3.

When dcgrib or nagrib decode the grib file, they determine the edition version
from the data and then open the expected table files using the version number
in the file name. SInce the sst grids are edition 3, you need to copy the
edition 2 files to edition 3.

Steve Chiswell