19990922: Plotting non standard surface parameters

>From: Darren Gallant <address@hidden>

>Dear Support,
>
>Thanks for your previous reply. The method worked extremely well.
>I have another question. I want to create a color PS image.
>Is there a way to color the title, the station marker, and the number
>printed while using the SFMAP command and setting the device to PS?
>Below is how I generated my PS image.
>
> AREA     = DSET
> GAREA    = 25.0;-102.5;50.0;-65.0
> SATFIL   =
> RADFIL   =
> SFPARM   = ;;totx (I want this param in color e.g. red)
> DATTIM   = all
> SFFILE   = /raid3/ntdir/airport.gem
> COLORS   = 1
> MAP      = 1
> LATLON   = 0
> MARKER   = 1
> TITLE    = 1/2/COMAIR Ascents/Descents per day
> CLEAR    = YES
> PANEL    = 0
> DEVICE   = PS
> PROJ     = MER
> FILTER   =
> TEXT     = 1
> SKPMIS   = NO
> LUTFIL   =
> STNPLT   = 0|5|/raid3/ntdir/REXstns.tbl
>

>Thanks
>
>Darren R. Gallant              UCAR/JOSS
>Programmer/Technician           Joint OfFice Of Science Support
>303-497-2634                    P.O. Box 3000
>address@hidden                Boulder,CO 80307-30000

Darren,

the PS diver supports several options (see "phelp device").
For color postscript, DEVICE=PS|||C.

To set the color of the marker, title, and data, define the color in the
parameter options, eg:
TITLE = title color / title line location / title string
MARKER = marker color / marker type / size / width / hw flag
COLORS = 2

COLOR #2 is red (see phelp colors). The parameter COLORS defines the
color of the plotted data, MARKER allows the marker color to be defined using
the
first option position, as does TITLE.

Steve Chiswell