19990912: Dislpaying profiler data on GARP

>From: Robert Ballentine <address@hidden>

>Support:
>   I am not able to display profiler data on GARP.  Although the data is
>being ingested by the LDM in the form YYMMDDHH_6min.gem (where HH is either
>00 or 12), I keep getting a gempak error [TG -16] No times in range, or
>[TI -3] No times within range. I have set profilerK to 6min in my
>Garp_defaults, and I set profilerT to $(profiler)/@(YYMMDDHH)_6min.gem.
>The data is present in the .../gempak/profiler directory, and I get output
>every six minutes when I run snlist for a specific city and time interval.
>   Please let me know if you have any suggestions as to how to display the
>profiler data using GARP.
>   Thanks,
>   Bob Ballentine

Bob,
It seems like things are correct. Are you running Garp 2.02?
Is the profiler directory location being correctly defined at
the top of the file Garp_defaults?

The purpose for separating the profiler in to the HH=00,12 files is because
otherwise the number of 6 minute observations in a day exceeds the maximum
number of times allowed. Since Garp can open multiple files, it can
still exceed the maximum allowd times if you try to plot 6 minute intervals
for 24 hours. You can plot 24 hours at 12 minute intervals, or
12 hours at 6 minute intervals- both will use less than the
200 maximum times allowed.

If the above doesn't shed any light, could you send me your
Garp_defaults file, along with the Garp version you are
running and the operating system you are running under.

Steve Chiswell