19990910: HAS parameters in GARP

>From: Anthony Rockwood - MSCD Meteorology <address@hidden>

>Guys
>
>Can you tell me what the HAS parameters are under the GARP/model plan view
>options ?  i.e. what does it stand for, how are they different than those
>under the General parameters, or is there a reference you can point me to
>?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tony

>   Anthony A. Rockwood              Metropolitan State College of Denver
>   Meteorology Program              Dept.of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
>   303.556.8399                     P.O. Box 173362, Campus Box 22
>   address@hidden                Denver, CO  80217-3362
>   http://www.mscd.edu/~eas         http://clem.mscd.edu/~rockwooa

Tony,

From the HTML help pages from the Help button in Garp:

file:/home/gempak/NAWIPS-5.4/garp/html/appena.html
HAS = Hydrometeorological Analysis and Support

These routines were contributed to the SOOSac by the OHRFC as discussed
in $GARPHOME/fdf/doc/HAS_fdf.README.

The individual fdf description fields have some descriptions of
the purpose. Click on the "more" button to see the description of
the "precipitation potential" for example.

Steve Chiswell