19990908: Gempak at USAF Academy

David,

I want to test out the last email address I have for you in our database.
From our phone conversation last week, you mentioned that you might
see if your institution did have the compilers that would be needed
for a local build (SparcWorks CC and F77)- otherwise we can pursue
a binary installation on your computer.

The current source distribution on the ftp server is patch level 12
for Gempak 5.4. If you have that tar file downloaded, then I can
ftp over the Solaris executables- along with the fortran shareable
library and you should be able to start working at that point.

If you can get the Sun compilers installed, then I would prefer to
build the software locally since it means that future upgrades
could be similarly accomplished.

Please let me know if you receive this email and how you wish to proceed.

Steve Chiswell