19990811: ps driver problem in Gempak

>From: Peter Schmid <address@hidden>

>Hello,
>
>I'm having some inexplicable problems with the ps driver in Gempak.  Scripts
>that used to run fine are now dieing with:
>
>Creating process: ps for queue 452
>Error in execl to ps = 13
>

>This happens on many scripts.  There is one account on our cluster that does
>seem to run the ps driver fine.  Examining the .cshrc shows identical entries
>for all the GEMENVIRON stuff.  I have sourced that accounts .cshrc file and it
>
>still yields the same results....
>
>It is not a write permission or a script problem because all other drivers wor
>(XW or GF).  And the GF driver is writing to the same place as the PS driver a
> nd
>the output is just fine.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Pete.

Pete,

The above problem could be caused by:

1) having a file or subdirectory in the working directory called "ps".
   If this is the case, gempak would be trying to execute this
   thing rather than the one in $GEMEXE.

2) the Gemenviron script isn't finding the uname command so that
   the $GEMEXE directory isn't being properly added onto the
   operating path (double check where GEMEXE is pointing).

Since you sourced the working account's .cshrc, it should like
GEMEXE would be ok, but the former "ps" file or directory might be
a problem- especially if you can run gf and xw.

Steve Chiswell