19990806: gempak error question

Matt,

The problem you are having is caused by not being able to
contact the gplt process.

You should first check for any orphaned gplt processes
and kill them, followed by a check for message queues
that may be hung.

Use the /bin/ps command to look for gplt processes like:

/bin/ps -eaf | grep gplt

Use the "ipcs" command to look for extraneous message queues like:

ipcs

ipcs will reurn a list of message queues by owner. You can remove
these with the "ipcrm" command like

ipcrm -q "q_id"

where q_id is the id output from the ipcs command.

You should not be running any gempak programs at the time
since you would run the risk of killing one of them.

In general, running "gpend" when you are finished with
a session is sussposed to shut down the gplt process
and remove the message queues, but occasionally they
can get hung up if a window they are trying to access
is not available, or a program was terminated with ctrl-c.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport