19990708: garp questions

Lynn,

You might need to check the number of grids you stored in the
gempak file from the grib file.

Did you use dcgrib or nagrib?

The problem seems to be that a vertical coordinate number
used in the  grib file did not exists in the gempak table.
If you run gdinfo, you might see a blank instead of
a vertical coordinate.

If you use dcgrib with -v (and probably need -m 10000 to allow for
up to 10,000 grids if you want all 384 hours of the mrf),
you might see a message about a coordinate not found in
the vcrdgrib1.tbl file.

I'll send you the most recent  table so that you can compare.

The second problem you describe does sound as if the key were
finding a duplicate entry....which you have checked. It might
be the case that f00 is used both in the 00 file and in the 12 file,
eg TIME1 in the first file and TIME1:TIME2 in the 12hour forecast file.

I have not seen this problem before- I store all of the forecast hours
from the 104 ETA and MRF in the single model run files.

Steve Chiswell