19990625: gempak sfmap

>From: Tom Szymkiewicz <address@hidden>

>> Tom,
>>
>> The maximum line length for any parameter is 72 characters.
>> Your AREA specification is longer than that.
>>
>> As I mentioned in my previous message, AREA=dset will define
>> all stations, then your graphics area (GAREA=nj)  defines
>> the area which is displayed.
>>
>> Steve Chiswell
>> Unidata User Support
>
>Aha, thank you.  But, what if I just want to display a certain number
>of stations not defined by an area but by my choosing?  I don't want
>to include all stations from my data file.
>Thanks for the explanation though.
>Tom.

Tom,

if you want to plot certain stations of your chosing from a larger
area of stations, and don't want to let the FILTER parameter pick
how many stations to display, you have two options:

1) run sfmap several times, using clear=n on sucessive calls
   specifying an appropriate list of stations in AREA each
   time the program is run such that the list fits in the
   allowed parameter length.

2) use the sfmod program to create a subset of your original file
   before using sfmap.

Good luck,

Steve Chiswell