19990625: Gempak sfmap

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Tom Szymkiewicz wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm using sfmap and it appears that there is a limit of 12 stations
> that can be displayed at the same time on one map.  Is this true?  How
> can I get around it?
> Thanks, Tom.

Tom,

Gempak standard surface files can contain up to 9800 unique
station identifiers, and sfmap can display them all.

You did not provide me with any information to diagnose
your problem. Are you setting AREA=dset? Have you
tried setting FILTER=N? Could you have a typo after
12 stations in you station table? Does sflist show data
for all your other stations? Are your lat/lons correct
(eg try listing sfparm=slat;slon in sflist to verify they
are where you expect them to be).

If you continue to have trouble, please send address@hidden
the settings you are using in sfmap. A sample data file
would be of help also.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support