19990510: Licensing Request (Forms submission)

John,

As Dave Knight's note mentions, SUNY-A is a licensed Unidata site
and the atmospheric science department does function as the IDD
node for the campus.

NetCDF and LDM are freely available software packages from out ftp server
(ftp.unidata.ucar.edu) so there is no restriction about downloading
those packages. Since the atmospheric science department is already
receiving our IDD feed, if you need to obtain realtime data, you should
install the LDM software and coordinate your institutional relay
of data with them.

You can access the current Gempak release from the above ftp server using
login: gbuddy and password: XXXXXX
Gempak is a licensed software package and as your campus is licensed already,
you may use the software aso long as you abide by the terms of the software
contract. The primary terms of the contract stipulate that the software will be
used for research and education purposes only, and you may not redistribute
the software.

The most recent distribution can be found under
~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/gempak54upc_plxx.tar.gz
Specific installation instructions are available on the Gempak WWW pages,
and user guide documentation is available in the doc directory as well
as online in the Gempak tutorial. Installation requires vendor supported
Fortran and C compilers for Solaris, Solaris for Intel, Irix, AIX, Dec OSF/1,
and HP/UX.

A binary version of the software is available for Linux under the
~gbuddy/nawips-5.4/binary/linux directory if you desire to run under that
operating system since Motif is not part of the Linux OS.

For specific questions regarding installation on a particular platform,
please provide us with the hardware and OS configuration you will be using.

All support questions should be sent to address@hidden.
Additionally, subscription to our mail lists (for update notification,
but fixes etc) can be accomplished through:

If you want to persue individual licensing for your group,
please provide the addition Contracts officer information
that was left blank below.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support