1999420: 19990419: NLDN Decoder Problem

>From: John S <address@hidden>

>Steve,
>
>If the text file is chopped off after ltglist runs,
>does that mean the GEMPAK file is also chopped off?
>We will need to get data back from last year and are
>trying to find out if we need to get "whole" GEMPAK
>files resent to us.

John,
Any data values that are not flushed to the decoded Gempak
file would not be in the Gempak file. The raw nldn file would
need to be redecoded to a new Gempak file.

>Also, is there any script or program that you know of
>that could go through and redecode old GEMPAK files
>into text?

Decoding the raw nldn files into Gempak can be accomplished
simply by cat'ing the file to the standard input of the decoder.
Once the data is decoded into Gempak format, a simple csh script
can be used with ltglist- presumably DATTIM=all if you want to
list out all values as text. To run ltglist on each Gempak file,
typically you would createa loop like:
#!/bin/csh
source /home/gempak/Gemenviron
set FILES=ls `9904*_nldn.gem*`