19990409: Saving a gif image

Rich,

you can run gdcntr with multiple overlays and have the image stored
as a gif. The first plot you make will have clear=yes,
then each subsequent overlay you want to make sure clear=no.
Then, when you are done, you must remember to run gpend so that
all the graphics are flushed to the gif file and the file is closed.

In terms of running a program a single time, rather than having to
invoke multiple invocations to overlay each field, you can
use gdplot for both contours and vectors.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User SUpport