1999032: Data plot

  Send mail to address@hidden for more info.
Maureen,

I imported your data into a file, and plotted it in
sfgram with the following values:

SFFILE  = maureen.gem

DATTIM  = 21/09-22/09-0100

STATION = ME2K2

TRACE1  = DWPF;TMPF/4;2

TRACE2  = PMSL/4

TRACE3  = ;BRBK/5

TRACE4  = RELH/7/0;100

TRACE5  = P01I/22/0;2

NTRACE  = 5

TAXIS   = first-last-1;3;3;1

BORDER  = 1/1/1

MARKER  = 0

TITLE   = 4/1/ME2K2 PAST 24 HOUR METEOGRAM - 21/0900-22/0900 EST

CLEAR   = YES

DEVICE  = xw

PANEL   = 0

TEXT    = .90/21//sw

The dattim string above does filter the data at the top of the hour
in my plot (I'll attatch the gif).

I also ran with:
DATTIM  = 21/09-22/09
Without specifying a time step interval, I get all values.

At this point, I've tested the plot under Solaris and Irix and
don't seen to be able to duplicate your problem. I'll attatch the
gempak file I used above, and you can try with the above
sfgram values to see if things still don't work.

The only 2 things I see asstrange are your TIMSTN value
in the sfcfil invokation, and you had spaces between the
"-" characters in the dattim string in the email you
sent earlier. I created the surface file with TIMSTN = 200/2000
(you specified 300 times...200 is the max), but I can't see how
that would cause your problem.

Anyhow, try using the file I create with the values I have above
for sfgram. If you still see a problem, then we may need to see if your
sfgram program is somehow different. Otherwise, we probably need to
focus on the file creation.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support