19990317: HGHT vs HAGL coordinates

Ron,

DFW's station elevation is 182 m.
It sounds like you are confusing vertical coordinates of HGHT and HAGL.

Your heights you list below are relative to the ground level (HAGL),
however the HGHT coordinate is absolute. Since the ground elevation at DFW
is 182m, specifying gvcord=HGHT and glevel = 5 would be 177m below ground
and not displayed. If you are interpolating your data relative to
the DFW ground postion, you will have to add the station elevation to
correctly interpret the HGHT coordinate.

Also, in the future, be sure to send all questions to
address@hidden so that I can find them and enter them
into our tracking system.

Steve Chiswell
Unidata User Support