19990223: Problem with device type gf for GEMPAK

Greg,

I see that you are using DISPLAY=localhost:1 which
I presume is a virtual display (running from Xvfb).

Have you verified that the display is running and you have
permission to access it?

You might need to check if that display is set up
for 8 bits, eg:
/usr/local/X11R6.3/bin/Xvfb :1 -screen 0 1280x1024x8
                                                   ^

                                                  bits

Also, have you tried running a simple program like gpmap
from your command line with the display set to that
localhost:1 screen and verified that you can draw to that window-
or does that crash also.

One little picky thing is to make sure you don't have any files
or directories called "gf" where you are running the
script from, since they will be confused with the
search for the executable program called "gf".

Chiz