[Datastream #VBN-628106]: Question about historical PDSI data

Hi,

re:
> I am trying to get a monthly series of  the PDSI for all U.S. states
> for 1870-1900 (http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/cas/catalog/climind/pdsi.html),
> however it has been very difficult for me to transfer the data to Stata
> or R format, so I am wondering if  someone can provide any help on how
> to convert this data.

We, Unidata Program Center/UCAR do not maintain or support the NCAR/CGD
data that you are trying to use, sorry.  In addition, we do not
provide support for the R or Stata applications, so we are not the
appropriate site to contact for help when using either of these
packages.

re:
> I am trying to get  monthly PDSI average for all US states.
>
> I was able to create a CSV file with xy coordinates , however  I am
> having problems to convert these coordinates  (use the right projection)
> to identify regions and create maps within the U.S. with R or Stata.
>
> Any help would be highly appreciated ! Thanks

It will be best if you try to contact someone at NCAR/CGD directly for
help in using data hosted on their site, and/or the contact for the site
where you are trying to download the data.  As far as importing the
data into R or Stata, there are most likely user groups for these
packages where one can post questions and get get informed/expert
help.

Ticket ID: VBN-628106
Department: Support Datastream