MADIS LDM Users: Transition to Boulder

MADIS LDM Customers,

As we told you in June, NCO has set up a mirror facility in Boulder, CO, for the Integrated Dissemination Program.  This facility in Boulder will be running the same IDP applications as the current NCO facility in College Park, MD, including the MADIS application developed at GSD.

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 1500 UTC, we will be switching to the Boulder servers as the primary distribution point. We plan on running on the Boulder servers for the foreseeable future. Therefore, please ensure you have the following configuration in your LDM:

Your firewall should accept both:
  • CURRENT MADIS LDM server: 140.90.98.75 (ldm.madis.cprk.ncep.noaa.gov)
  • NEW Boulder MADIS LDM server: 140.172.139.163 (ldm.madis.bldr.ncep.noaa.gov)

Additionally, your LDM configuration should request from LDM server ldm.madis.ncep.noaa.gov.

Once the firewall rules are updated and the LDM request line is changed to ldm.madis.ncep.noaa.gov no further changes should be required on your side.

We ask that if you have problems on August 2, please send an email to address@hidden. We will be monitoring the servers and will respond to any issues as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Jacobs