[Datastream #SXB-674928]: GOES East West imagery...

Hi Gilles,

re:
> As mentioned on the UNIWISC IDD Datastream page
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/data/unirec.html
> I need to request to you "how to access the archive machine (username and
> password)"
>
> So please let me know,

machine:   idd.ssec.wisc.edu
user:      xxxxx
pass:      xxxxx
directory: neartime  <- near-time, rolling archive
           urequest  <- data user requests to be made available from archive

re:
> For date and times that are not available in the UNIWISC archive you
> mentioned to go to the SSEC Data Center page (
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/free_satellite_archive_data_access
> )

Yes.

re:
> I noticed on the SSEC data center it says "Any Unidata community member
> with a .edu e-mail address can request access to the archive dataset for
> non-commercial use"
>
> Well I don't have .edu email address so I am guessing that is a problem,
>
> Any suggestion?

I suggest you try anyway.  I am under the impression that SSEC has opened
up the archive a bit since the article referred to above was written.
If you have any problems, please let me know and I will contact SSEC to
explain that UColima is a Unidata site.

re:
> Thanks,

No worries.