20010924: AVN model

>From:  Anthony James Wimmers <address@hidden>

Tony,

>I'm writing a paper that uses the AVN files we get from
>Unidata, and I notices that I couldn't find a single
>reference listed on the internet that describes it.

Even though I have never checked for a reference, I am suprised that there
is none to be found.  I will ask around the office to see if someone
can point me in the right direction.

>I know that it's only slightly different from the MRF (though
>I forget how) but I would have thought that there would
>at least be one publication to explain it. Do you know of
>any publication, or is this out of your field?

As I understand things - and I am fuzz on this -, the MRF is a special run
of the AVN model.

>Thanks!

I will get back to you when I have found more information.