From: conduit <address@hidden> on behalf of Mike Zuranski <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2024 9:47 AM
To: CONDUIT Users List <address@hidden>; LDM <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: [conduit] Conduit Outage 4/15 into 4/16

Good morning all,

The situation doesn't seem to have changed much from last night.  CONDUIT is still down, numerous impacts to NCEP web sites and services, cats & dogs living together...

We continue to monitor but that's about all we can do.  The link I'm smashing the F5 button on is this rtstats chart, it's probably the easiest "Is it still down?" check at the time for CONDUIT:
https://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_num_nc?CONDUIT+conduit.unidata.ucar.edu

If you are having a hard time finding model data that is normally on CONDUIT, nomads.ncep.noaa.gov has remained unaffected by all of this.  Also, please reach out if you need assistance finding other sources of data or anything else.

Below is a notice that sums things up nicely; this and other notices can be found at https://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/status/messages/ (luckily that site has come back).  We will update with any changes to the situation.

SENIOR DUTY METEOROLOGIST NWS ADMINISTRATIVE MESSAGE
NWS NCEP CENTRAL OPERATIONS COLLEGE PARK MD
1019Z WED APR 17 2024

...UPDATES TO RECENT NWS OPERATIONAL OUTAGES...

WIDESPREAD WFO NETWORK OUTAGES...
WFOs internet and AWIPS connections have remained stable since
the circuit was restored in College Park Tuesday morning. NCO's
network team will continue to work towards mitigating impacts
during the recurring circuit outages in College Park.

NWS BROADCAST REPEATED MESSAGES...
The problem with NWS products being broadcasted multiple times
was traced to Monday's efforts to mitigate impacts from the
temperature spike in the College Park Data Center. NCO
implemented a fix to correct the issue at 2:00pm EDT Tuesday.

MRMS...
CONUS QPE data continues to not update on MRMS
(https://mrms.ncep.noaa.gov/data/). The problem has been linked
to the College Park Data Center Outage. Efforts to restore the
data will resume early Wednesday.

RECOVERY EFFORTS IN THE COLLEGE PARK DATA CENTER...
No significant updates during overnight restoration efforts. NCEP
Center's (OPC, CPC, and WPC) operations remain severely degraded
due to downed NetApp systems in College Park. No ETR.

Current Known Impacts include:
-NCEP Centers' websites hosted in CP that remain inaccessible
include EMC and NCWCP intranet sites.
-WPC, OPC, and CPC's operational product suites' status, range
from being degraded to down.
-FTPPRD is inaccessible in CP (Customers are able to use
nomads.ncep.noaa.gov as a viable backup in the meantime)
-NCO operations personnel are unable monitor NWS networks and
circuits.
-CONUS QPE data is not updating on MRMS
(https://mrms.ncep.noaa.gov/data/)
-Several layers are not updating on NWS Cloud Services (GIS and
Map Viewer)
-Multiple outside datasets are not available/delayed (UKMET data,
ECMWF data, Canadian METARS, ACARS aircraft data)

Gerhardt/SDM/NCO/NCEP

Best,
-Mike

Mike Zuranski