20210913: Re: [conduit] 20210830: Re: High CONDUIT latencies from vm-lnx-conduit2.ncep.noaa.gov

On 9/13/21 2:28 PM, Dustin Sheffler - NOAA Federal wrote:
No nothing changed here on our end overnight. We had looked at latency graphs this morning and noticed the big jump in latency with last nights' 00/06Z cycles. Appears like it is even worse with todays' 12Z cycle unfortunately. Are you aware if all Conduit users who get data from conduit.ncep.noaa.gov <http://conduit.ncep.noaa.gov> are seeing this latency?

We, Unidata/UCAR are seeing the same jump in CONDUIT latencies:

https://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+conduit.unidata.ucar.edu

and so is the IDD relay instance at Penn State University:

https://rtstats.unidata.ucar.edu/cgi-bin/rtstats/iddstats_nc?CONDUIT+idd.meteo.psu.edu

Unidata/UCAR, PSU and UWisc/AOS are the primary IDD relays for
CONDUIT, data, and we are all experiencing the increased latencies.
All of the sites that we are all feeding will, of course, also be
experiencing the same latencies.

re:
Given we are in Critical Weather Day until Wednesday and cannot make system changes we took today to analyze and chart our own latency calculations both with data internal to our system and external. We are seeing indications of internal latency between the NCEP Conduit systems that appears to coincide with the latency to external partners. We'll continue to analyze this data tomorrow to see if there are any changes to be made that will yield improvements.

OK, we understand about the prohibition about making changes during
CWDs.