[CONDUIT #EKQ-308585]: GFS data problem

Hi,

re:
> Thanks Tom. I’m assuming NCEP is aware of the problem and working on the fix?

They tried rebooting the machine that was responsible for the high latencies
yesterday, and made some other changes, but this did not help the situation
that I told you about.  In addition, we received a couple of emails this
morning from different parts of NOAA that they are experiencing network
problems in Boulder, and their failing over services to College Park, MD
will (likely) result in increased latencies today:

First message:

"...be warned that we are having a major internet outage at our Boulder
data center. We are moving more apps over to College Park, so you will most
likely see latency on both conduit systems today, until at least 22Z. Hopefully
our networking folks can actually find a bottleneck this time around but just
wanted to let you know. Will keep you posted."

Second message:

"All NOAA GSL Data Users,

All networking to NOAA in Boulder is currently down, due to "Multiple fiber cuts
on redundant links into Boulder."

All NOAA GSL data services (LDM, THREDDS, FTP) are unavailable until the issue
is
resolved. Current estimated time to repair is 4pm MDT (2200 GMT).

We apologize for the inconvenience. For any questions or concerns, please feel
free to contact GSL's Systems Support Group (SSG) at ssg.gsl@noaa."

We are all hoping that the problems they are experiencing will be resolved
as soon as possible.

Ticket ID: EKQ-308585
Department: Support CONDUIT