[CONDUIT #MVA-375841]: Can't find gefs on CONDUIT after gefs upgrade

Hi Art,

re:
> Does anyone at UPC know whether the GEFS data is going to reappear
> on CONDUIT?

During the most recent User's Committee vMeeting, we were informed that
the low resolution GEFS would no longer be distributed in NOAAPort or
in the LDM/IDD CONDUIT feed.  We had requested that we get a test feed
of the higher resolution GEFS data to test to make sure that the increased
volume would not cause problems with IDD relaying, but NCEP has been unable
to provide us with such a feed.  So, right now, we are in a holding pattern
waiting for NCEP.

The other thing that we have been waiting for NCEP to fix is the clock
drift on their top level CONDUIT source machines.  We have been assured
that this was on their list of things to do in October (along with
numerous other things, of course).  Perhaps today's CONDUIT problems has
something to do with these activities?  We don't know as NCEP folks have
been silent lately.

re:
> I sent a note out on the conduit mailing list several days ago hoping
> someone had some insight, but got no replies.

We saw your post and, like you, have been waiting for a reply.

re:
> It's hard to believe no one uses these data.

We know that this is _not_ the case as we have gotten a handful of
support inquiries about their disappearing from IDD data flows.

re:
> Before the GEFS upgrade, they came in on CONDUIT with headers similar
> to "data/nccf/com/gens/prod/gefs.20200923/06/pgrb2a/gep09.t06z.pgrb2af48
> !grib2/ncep/GEFS/#000/202009230600F048/P06M/0 - NONE! 000068",
> but I can't seem to find any headers in CONDUIT now with "gefs" in it.

Correct, they were removed from both CONDUIT and the NOAAPort SBN.

Ticket ID: MVA-375841
Department: Support CONDUIT