[Datastream #VOR-131527]: email list for changes to posted met. data

Hi Larry,

re:
> At the USGS, we download and use gfs and reanalysis 1 data from the
> following locations:
>
> http://motherlode.ucar.edu/native/conduit/data/nccf/com/gfs/prod/
>
> http://psd/thredds/fileServer/Datasets/ncep.reanalysis/pressure/

Hmm... there seems to be something missing from the second URL.

re:
> We use these data to run our Ash3d tephra dispersion model:
>
> https://vsc-ash.wr.usgs.gov
>
> Occasionally there are updates to these data that we find out about only
> after the fact.  There must be some mailing list that we should be on but
> currently are not.

We are responsible for the content available in the first URL that you
mentioned, but not the second, so we can't comment on what to do to keep
informed by changes in the second.

Since the content available in the first URL all comes from the IDD
(Internet Data Distribution) system CONDUIT data feed, it would be best
if you were both subscribed to the address@hidden email list.

> Is it possible to add me and my colleague, Hans Schwaiger (
> address@hidden) to your mailing list?

You can (un)subscribe to any email list that we maintain online at:

Unidata HomePage
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu

  Support -> Mailing Lists
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/index.html#mailinglists

Click the 'show mailing list actions' link for the email list(s) that
you want to (un)subscribe from and choose the option you want.

re:
> Thanks very much!

No worries.

Ticket ID: VOR-131527